As of late there is currently no native way to watch Twitch on your Apple TV device. There’s been minor rumors as of late that a native Twitch app for the Apple TV device could be coming out at a later date, but due to the possibility of Amazon owning Twitch, this might not be the case. You can however, get around this by using the airplay feature of your iPhone device to play Twitch content from your iPhone to your Apple TV.
Using Airplay to Watch Twitch on an Apple TV
- First make sure your Apple TV device is currently on, and shown on your television set. You’ll also want to make sure that both your Apple TV and iPhone are connected to the same internet network or wi-fi.
- If you see your Apple TV currently loaded on your television, and you’re sure that both your iPhone and Apple TV are both connected to the same network… you can then open up the native Twitch app on your iPhone.
- Now you can open up any streaming channel of your choice, and begin watching it on your iPhone device.
- The trick to now get that stream to show up on your Apple TV device would be to click the mini-tv screen icon in the bottom left corner of the video / stream player on your iPhone.
- This will open up a new menu where you can then select your Apple TV device to watch Twitch on your television.
- Viola! Now you will be able to watch Twitch from your iPhone device to your Apple TV as a workaround with airplay until a native Apple TV app for Twitch is released.